Partial Dentures: Replacing one or multiple missing teeth
What does a partial denture have to offer? Here’s what we’ll cover:
1. How is a partial denture an affordable solution?
2. What are the advantages of a removable partial denture?
3. What are the advantages of a permanent partial denture?
4. What is the average cost of partial dentures near me?
What exactly does a partial denture have to offer? Our dentist in Lincoln, NE explains…
If you’re missing multiple teeth near each other, you’re reducing your quality of life significantly. Even if you don’t realize it, the loss of a few teeth significantly impacts your ability to speak and chew. Additionally, missing teeth can cause a huge drop in self-esteem. Fortunately, all you’ll need to fix this problem is a partial denture. Even better, one of our skilled dentists nearby can help you!
For many, a partial denture offers a renewed sense of confidence. Many people take the confidence of having a beautiful and practical smile for granted. A person’s smile plays a huge role in the way they view and treat themselves. At Coddington, we see this daily. Many great, successful people aren’t able to see past their missing teeth or otherwise lackluster smiles. We frequently have patients who talk about their increase in confidence, which they experience after taking care of their teeth.
For you, a partial denture might be able to help restore your confidence. If you’re curious about a partial denture, continue reading to learn more, or set up a consultation with an affordable dentist near me today.
An Affordable Solution for Replacing Missing Teeth: Find a Dentist Near Me
A partial denture can be used to fill gaps between teeth when some or most of the natural teeth remain, whereas complete dentures are used to replace all upper and/or lower teeth. The framework for a partial denture is made from either an acrylic or metal based material and attach to the surrounding teeth.
The false teeth, or pontics, are attached to the framework and fill in gaps where natural teeth are missing. A partial denture not only offers an aesthetically pleasing appearance by replacing missing teeth, but it also acts as a placeholder to keep surrounding teeth from shifting.
Can partial dentures look natural? Our dentist in Lincoln, NE explains…
With the help of our family dentists, their team, and a skilled dental lab, a partial denture can be a natural and comfortable solution for missing teeth. Through advances in dentistry, a partial denture has become more comfortable than those created in the past, and look more like natural teeth than ever.
Are there different types of partial dentures? Our dentist in Lincoln, NE explains…
A partial denture falls into two main categories: ‘fixed’ and ‘removable’. Permanent partials, or fixed bridges, are fixed in place with cement and cannot be removed. A removable partial denture does not permanently attach and should be taken out at night or for cleaning purposes. Our dentist in Lincoln, NE can help you get a partial denture you’ll love.
Advantages of a removable partial denture in Lincoln, NE
- They are less expensive than a permanent partial denture or implants.
- Natural teeth surrounding the gaps do not need to be prepared or shaved down.
- They can be removed for cleaning.
Advantages of a permanent partial denture in Lincoln, NE
- Perfectly blend with natural teeth.
- Do not have to be removed for cleaning.
- Generally last longer than a removable partial denture.
Commonly Asked Questions
The information on this page was written by Dr. Ben Joekel.
This gentle Lincoln, NE dentists says: “My goal as your dentist is to listen to your concerns and needs when it comes to your dental health. Once your concerns are addressed, our goal as a team is to provide you with exceptional care that makes you feel comfortable.”
You can schedule with this Lincoln, NE dentist online 24/7 at his West Lincoln Location of Nebraska Family Dentistry. This Lincoln, NE dentist serves the local communities in Garland, Pleasant Dale, Denton, Crete, Milford, Hickman, Roca, Martell, and Panama.
Make easy, affordable payments for your procedure with dental payment plans we offer.
We have 7 Locations in Lincoln, NE!
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Emergency Dentist NE – Emergency Dental Care
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options