Experiencing a Lost Crown?
In this article we’ll cover these topics:
1. My dental crown fell out, what can I do? We have steps to take if you have a lost crown in Lincoln, NE.
2. Is there an emergency dentist in Lincoln, NE? Our Lincoln, NE dental clinic offers an affordable dental emergency fee for after-hours dental emergencies.
3. I have a sharp toothache after recent dental work; what can I do? We have dental discomfort management tips.
What to do immediately after a dental incident:
If you need immediate dental care,
please call 402-840-9783.
Did you lose your crown or cap? Our Lincoln, NE dentists can help…
Most of the time, a filling or a crown falls out while eating or chewing gum. Losing a filling or crown can cause the tooth to become sensitive and vulnerable. Usually, it is decay beneath the crown or filling that causes it to become loose or fall out. Decay changes the shape of the tooth which compromises the fit of the filling or crown. If no treatment is performed, the tooth will become more sensitive or infected as debris and bacteria come in contact with it. Teeth have the ability to shift if a crown is left out of the mouth for too long.
Is losing a crown a dental emergency? Is there a 24 hour emergency dentist near me? Our Lincoln, NE dentist explains…
The following are steps you can take if a crown becomes loose or falls out.
- First, call our office or our “emergency dentist near me” number (if after regular business hours) you have a lost filling or crown and are experiencing severe discomfort. If you are not experiencing severe discomfort, call our office so we can get you in at your convenience. If you are searching for the “best dentist near me” be sure to give our team a call.
- If you’ve lost a crown, be sure to clean it as good as you can and keep it in a safe place. It is possible the crown can be cemented back on the tooth. If you lose a filling, clove oil can be placed on the tooth (avoid your gums) to help relieve sensitivity.
- Your emergency dentist will evaluate the tooth with the lost filling to determine the cause. They will either place a new filling or go over other recommended treatment options. If you have a lost crown, your emergency dentist will try to recement to the tooth. This is usually possible if the tooth is not decayed or broken. If decay is present, your dentist will remove it, and place a new filling or crown. If the decay is too extensive or deep, a root canal treatment may be recommended. Do you have dental phobia? Does the thought of getting a new crown scare you? Our team at Nebraska Family Dentistry offers “affordable sedation dentistry near me.” Sedation dentistry is an extremely safe option that can allow you to get the dental care you need from a dentist in Lincoln, NE.
What happens if I lose a filling? Is losing a filling a dental emergency? Our Lincoln, NE dentist explains…
If you lose a filling, call our emergency dentist as soon as possible. In the meantime, there are a couple of short-term remedies you can try. Go to your local pharmacy, and pick up some over-the-counter dental cement. These dental cements can be used as a temporary fix. This or toothpaste can be used to temporarily fix the crown in place while you await your appointment. DO NOT use glue or any other type of non-dental material to place the crown back on your tooth. For an even shorter-term remedy, you may use sugar-free gum to cover the cavity. Be sure it is sugar-free gum. Any sugar entering a cavity can cause a great amount of discomfort. Remember, cavities left untreated can develop into more serious problems, including loss of the tooth. Let one of our affordable dentists in Lincoln, NE help you.
Do you have discomfort or a sharp toothache after your recent dental work? What can you do to ease a persistent toothache after recent dental work? Our Lincoln, NE dentist explains…
If you need to contact our emergency dentist after-hours, please call us at 402-840-9783.
About the author, Dr. Jodi Day – Dr. Day is a gentle family dentist at Coddington Dental in West Lincoln, NE. Dr. Day has a real passion for dentistry and helping people. Dr. Day says. “My patients deserve personalized, quality dental care in an atmosphere they feel comfortable in. At Nebraska Family Dentistry, our team of caring professionals are committed to providing you with a comfortable and positive dental experience!” Book online 24/7 with Dr. Jodi Day.
Looking for Dental Payment Plans?
Coddington Dental is a proud member of Nebraska Family Dentistry. We’re one of multiple NFD locations, some of which are even open on weeknights and weekends for your convenience.
Each NFD team member is trained to go above and beyond to keep our patients calm and comfortable, so you can expect the same exceptional care from all of our sister locations.
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.