Dental Emergency: Knocked-Out Tooth
In this article we explain the following topics:
1. What can I do if I have avulsed teeth or a knocked out tooth? We have important steps to follow.
2. Are there affordable dental emergency fees in Lincoln, NE for after-hours emergency dental care? Yes, just look for an emergency dentist near me!
3. What can I do if I have discomfort after recent dental work? Our team has answers.
What to do immediately after you experience one of these dental emergencies:
If you need immediate dental care,
please call 402-840-9783.
Do you have a knocked-out tooth or avulsed teeth? Need a 24 hour emergency dentist near me? Our Lincoln, NE dentists can help.
Our dentists are here to help! If you need help, but are afraid of the dentist, we offer “affordable sedation dentistry near me“. We’re here to take care of you. Here we’ll discuss:
Important steps you should follow if you have a knocked-out tooth.
When you have a knocked-out tooth or you knocked a tooth loose, it is crucial to call your emergency dentist at Coddington Dental as soon as possible. When you have avulsed teeth or a tooth has been knocked out or loosened, damage takes place in the mouth, surrounding tissues, and the nerves of the tooth. Those damaged tissues can support the tooth again if the tooth is placed back in its socket quick enough after the incident.
Can a knocked-out tooth be saved by a dentist in Lincoln, NE? Your dentist in Lincoln, NE explains steps to take if your tooth has been knocked-out.
- First, call our office or our emergency dentistry number (if after regular business hours). Next, be careful when picking up your knocked-out tooth. Do not touch the root! Instead, pick up the tooth by the crown and rinse it in warm water. Third, if you are able, put the tooth back in its socket or place it in your cheek to keep it moist. If you are unable to do either, store the tooth in a small cup or baggie with saliva or milk until you can see us. It’s essential to prevent the tooth from becoming dry.
- Place a cold compress on your cheek or jaw to help prevent or minimize swelling.
- Finally, have somebody drive you to our office as soon as you are able.
Your emergency dentist will try to place the knocked-out tooth back in its socket in hopes of regaining support. If the tooth knocks loose, we may be able to stabilize it to see if the tissues will re-attach to the tooth. In some cases, the tooth is too damaged and will require a root canal or replacement.
Again if you have a knocked out a tooth, carefully store the tooth and seek emergency dental care. Teeth can often be replanted after being knocked out; however, time is critical. A permanent tooth that has been knocked out has the highest chance of being re-implanted within 30 minutes of the incident. If you cannot see an emergency dentist, you should visit the ER.
Call Coddington Dental to schedule an emergency appointment to evaluate your dislodged tooth. We are more than happy to help and present you with treatment options. Your health and well-being are our priority.
Do you have discomfort after your recent dental work? What can you do to ease a persistent toothache after recent dental work? Your dentists nearby have answer…
If you need to contact our emergency dentist after-hours, please call us at 402-840-9783.
The information on this page was written by Dr. Ben Joekel.
This gentle Lincoln, NE dentists says: “My goal as your dentist is to listen to your concerns and needs when it comes to your dental health. Once your concerns are addressed, our goal as a team is to provide you with exceptional care that makes you feel comfortable.”
You can schedule with this Lincoln, NE dentist online 24/7 at his West Lincoln Location of Nebraska Family Dentistry. This Lincoln, NE dentist serves the local communities in Garland, Pleasant Dale, Denton, Crete, Milford, Hickman, Roca, Martell, and Panama.
Looking for Dental Payment Plans?
Find out about CareCredit®
Make easy, affordable payments for your procedure with dental payment plans we offer.
Coddington Dental is a proud member of Nebraska Family Dentistry. We’re one of multiple NFD locations, some of which are even open on weeknights and weekends for your convenience.
Each NFD team member is trained to go above and beyond to keep our patients calm and comfortable, so you can expect the same exceptional care from all of our sister locations.
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.