We’re all about easy. That’s why in our article we’ll cover what you need to know including:
- What are the reasons for extracting a tooth?
- What is the connection between overall health and dental infection?
- How is a tooth extracted?
- What is the cost of tooth extraction in Lincoln, NE?
- How long will tooth extraction take?
- Does tooth extraction hurt or cause sinus infection?
- What are tips for relieving dental discomfort after tooth removal?
Reasons for tooth removal: What are the reasons for tooth extraction?
Is there a dentist in Lincoln, NE that does tooth extraction? Your dentists in Lincoln, NE explain…
There can be a variety of reasons for extracting a tooth. Our Lincoln dentists are more than happy to answer any questions about the pros and cons of any dental treatment, including extraction. Teeth often need extracting due to:
- Dental Emergency and Trauma
- Upcoming Orthodontic Treatment
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Broken Teeth
- Infected or Cracked Teeth
Overall Health and Dental Infection:
How does dental health affect your overall health? Your dentists in Lincoln, NE explain…
Teeth become infected for different reasons. But, infection commonly occurs when bacteria from a large cavity or a previous large filling reaches the nerve. When a tooth becomes infected, the infection can spread to the entire body leading to illness and fatigue. Infection can also lead to overall inflammation. According to medical doctors, Chronic Inflammation can lead to diabetes, heart problems, immune system disorders, and many other health concerns. A great way to avoid these concerns is to remove and replace infected teeth.
More on Oral Health and The Mouth-Body Connection from WebMD
The Process of Extracting a Tooth from your Dentists Nearby
- The dentist takes and examines an x-ray to assess the position and condition of your tooth and surrounding bone.
- Medical history is taken to determine that you are healthy enough to undergo the extraction.
- Options for anesthesia are presented to you and administered.
- Our gentle dentist will extract your tooth.
- After your tooth is removed, the socket is covered with gauze, and mild pressure is applied to control any additional bleeding.
- Small stitches may be used.
Do and don’ts after tooth extraction – What to expect after tooth extraction.
Once your tooth has been extracted, it is normal to feel mild to moderate discomfort. Swelling near the area of the extraction is also common. Taking an anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen and using an ice pack on the outside of your jaw following the surgery should control most of your symptoms. You may be prescribed antibiotics to prevent infection during the healing process. Within just a few days, the discomfort should subside.
What is the cost of tooth extraction? Is there an affordable dentist near me in Lincoln, NE? Your dentists in Lincoln, NE explain…
The average cost for tooth extraction is about $200 to $300. Most dental insurance covers a large portion of tooth extraction, leaving you with a small co-pay. For patients seeking a “dentist near me no insurance,” we offer a variety of dental payment plans. Let us help you!
How long does it take for a tooth extraction? Your dentists in Lincoln, NE explain…
Tooth extraction is generally a simple procedure that takes only 30-45 minutes. Recovery depends on the difficulty of the extraction. You may feel normal immediately following the procedure, or it may take you a couple of days to recover.
Some teeth may be more complicated to remove, requiring specific equipment and an oral surgeon. In those cases, we refer patients to Nebraska Oral and Facial Surgery.
Does tooth extraction hurt? Your dentists in Lincoln, NE explain…
Tooth extraction is a routine and uncomplicated procedure in the hands of a skilled professional. A tooth extraction should not cause you discomfort during the operation. Our Lincoln dentists will examine your teeth carefully to ensure that your tooth extraction will be a simple and gentle experience.
If you need to have a tooth extracted and have dental anxiety, it’s possible that might be a candidate for “affordable sedation dentistry near me.” Sedation dentistry is an extremely safe option that can allow you to get the dental care you need from a dentist in Lincoln, NE.
Can a tooth abscess cause a sinus infection? Your dentists in Lincoln, NE explain…
An acute abscess of an upper tooth can cause cheek swelling and, untreated, lead to a sinus infection
The information on this page was written by Dr. Ben Joekel.
This gentle Lincoln, NE dentist says: “My goal as your dentist is to listen to your concerns and needs when it comes to your dental health. Once your concerns are addressed, our goal as a team is to provide you with exceptional care that makes you feel comfortable.”
You can schedule with this Lincoln, NE dentist online 24/7 at his West Lincoln Location of Nebraska Family Dentistry. This Lincoln, NE dentist serves the local communities in Garland, Pleasant Dale, Denton, Crete, Milford, Hickman, Roca, Martell, and Panama.
No Dental Insurance?
Affordable Dental Care
Make easy, affordable payments for your procedure with dental payment plans we offer.
Schedule Day or Night
Schedule your dental appointment at anytime of the day or night with our online scheduling.
We have 7 Locations in Lincoln, NE!
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Emergency Dentist NE – Emergency Dental Care
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose a “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.