We believe that a healthy mouth is a critical part of your overall health.
A Healthy Mouth = A Healthier You
Our article covers all you need to know about maintaining a healthy mouth. Here’s what you need to know:
1. How much is a dental cleaning? Will your insurance cover it?
2. What does a regular professional dental cleaning include?
3. Why are dental cleaning so important? How often should you get them?
4. No insurance? We have fantastic options for you!
Regular dental cleanings and exams will help you maintain and keep your natural teeth for life! Regular cleanings and exams can detect small problems before they become uncomfortable and expensive. A great way to keep your dental expenses affordable and your mouth healthy is to receive professional dental cleanings every six months.
If diagnosed with periodontal disease, however, you will need to receive a particular type of cleaning and exam every four months. Regular periodontal maintenance is crucial for a healthy mouth and maintaining bone level.
Worried about Dental Cleaning Cost?
Your professional dental cleaning will include:
The removal of calculus (tartar)
Calculus is a hardened plaque firmly connected to the tooth surface. Calculus can form both above and below the gum line, which enables it only to be removed with specific dental instruments.
The removal of plaque
Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins that inflame the gums, which could be the start of periodontal disease.
Teeth polishing removes any additional stain and plaque not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling during dental cleanings.
This initial dental exam will include:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs) – an x-ray is essential to help determine tooth and root positions and to help detect decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- An oral cancer screening- An oral cancer screening includes a check of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- A gum disease evaluation- A gum disease evaluation includes a check of the gums and bone surrounding your teeth for signs of periodontal disease.
- An examination of all tooth surfaces to detect and check for decay (cavities).
- An examination of all existing restorations to ensure quality and functionality.
Why are dental cleanings important?
click the below image for infographics
Looking for Dental Payment Plans?
Annual Plan Benefits
For Lincoln Dental Plans
2 Emergency Exams
2 Routine Dental Cleanings (Every 12 Months)
25% Discount on Select Procedures
LDP offers discounts on the following procedures:
Dental Crowns (Excludes Cosmetic Crowns)
Professional Teeth Whitening
Learn More about Lincoln Dental Plans Membership
Coddington Dental is a proud member of Nebraska Family Dentistry. We’re one of multiple NFD locations, some of which are even open on weeknights and weekends for your convenience.
Each NFD team member is trained to go above and beyond to keep our patients calm and comfortable, so you can expect the same exceptional care from all of our sister locations.