We believe that healthy mouth is a critical part of your overall health.
Healthy Mouth=Healthier You
Regular dental cleanings and exams will help you maintain and keep your natural teeth for life! Regular cleanings and exams can detect small problems before they become painful and expensive. In fact, the best way to keep your dental expenses affordable and your mouth healthy is to receive professional dental cleanings every six months.
If diagnosed with periodontal disease, however, you will need to receive a special type of cleaning and exam every four months. Regular periodontal maintenance is crucial for a healthy mouth and maintaining bone level.
Worried about Dental Cleaning Cost?
Your professional dental cleaning will include:
The removal of calculus (tartar)
Calculus is a hardened plaque firmly connected to the tooth surface. Calculus can form both above and below the gum line which enables it to only be removed with special dental instruments.
The removal of plaque
Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins that inflame the gums, which could be the start of periodontal disease.
Teeth polishing removes any additional stain and plaque not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling during dental cleanings.
This initial dental exam will include:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radio-graphs)- X-rays are essential in determining tooth and root positions and detecting decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- An oral cancer screening- An oral cancer screening includes a check of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- A gum disease evaluation- A gum disease evaluation includes a check of the gums and bone surrounding your teeth for signs of periodontal disease.
- An examination of all tooth surfaces to detect and check for decay (cavities).
- An examination of all existing restorations to ensure quality and functionality.
Why are dental cleanings Important?
click the below image for infographics
Coddington Dental is a proud member of Nebraska Family Dentistry. We’re one of multiple NFD locations, some of which are even open on weeknights and weekends for your convenience.
Each NFD team member is trained to go above and beyond to keep our patients calm and comfortable, so you can expect the same exceptional care from all of our sister locations.
Nebraska Family Dentistry has multiple locations!
Choose any location convenient for you.
Follow our social media outlets for discount specials and dental wellness news.