You’ve undoubtedly crossed several bridges in your life, and understand that a bridge is an excellent way to close a gap reaching from one side to the other. A dental bridge serves a very similar purpose within your mouth: it “bridges” the gap made by a missing tooth. Dental Bridges are a great option for replacing a missing tooth.
The Advantages of a Dental Bridge Are:
- To restore your smile: A dental bridge looks natural and blends in flawlessly with surrounding teeth.
- To restore your bite: By distributing the weight of your bite over multiple teeth, a bridge restores your ability to chew comfortably.
- To restore your ability to speak: Losing a tooth can give difficulties while speaking. A dental bridge will repair the space in your mouth helping you to speak with confidence.
- To prevent remaining teeth from shifting: Because a bridge is a permanent placeholder, it prevents other teeth from shifting. Shifting teeth increase the chance of a difficult bite, sore jaw, and likelihood of cavities by creating new areas on your teeth for plaque to cover.
A dental bridge can last you a long time if you properly care for your bridge and total oral hygiene. In fact, they can last anywhere from 5 to 15 years with the proper check-ups, brushing, and flossing. It is not unusual for the lifespan of a bridge to be ten years or more.
While some bridges can last decades, they occasionally can become loose or fall out altogether. The most important step you can take to ensure the longevity of your bridge is to practice good oral hygiene habits:
- Make it a goal to keep your gums and teeth healthy by brushing with toothpaste with fluoride in it twice daily and flossing daily.
- Make sure to see your dentist or hygienist regularly for dental checkups and professional cleanings.
- To prevent the destruction of your new bridge, avoid chewing especially hard foods, ice, and other hard objects.
The cost of a bridge initially depends on the particular type of dental bridge your dentist recommends for you. However, most provided insurance plans cover a portion of the cost, and if you don’t have insurance, Coddington Dental provides easy-to-understand payment plans to keep your treatment manageable.
Make easy, affordable payments for your procedure with Compassionate Finance.
Coddington Dental is a proud member of Nebraska Family Dentistry. We’re one of multiple NFD locations, some of which are even open on weeknights and weekends for your convenience.
Each NFD team member is trained to go above and beyond to keep our patients calm and comfortable, so you can expect the same exceptional care from all of our sister locations.