What can you do?
Are you in need of finding help to fix your broken dentures? What’s worse is that broken dentures always seem to happen at the most inconvenient time. Endlessly paying for denture repairs or replacements is not ideal and can be expensive. When dentures break, it is essential to get them repaired right away. Let’s take a look at why dentures break and how you can get them fixed as soon as possible by a family dentist in Lincoln, NE.
Because it’s natural and important to ask questions, we’ve answered some of them here to help set your mind at ease.
We’ve covered some of the most common topics for you here:
- Why dentures break
- How you can fix broken dentures
- Helpful things to keep in mind when it comes to your dentures
Why do dentures break?
There are a variety of reasons why dentures break or become damaged. Typically, dentures are made from acrylic/plastic material that can break after months or years of wear and tear. The most common reason for broken dentures is when they don’t fit well. Mouths change over time; therefore, dentures can become ill-fitting. Finally, accidents happen! No matter the cause, at Coddington Dental, we will help to repair or replace your dentures in the quickest way possible.
How to Fix Broken Dentures
The process to fix broken dentures depends on how damaged your dentures are. Dentures that are cracked can often be bonded back together, but if the dentures have completely fallen apart, the solution could be to replace them. A lost tooth on the dentures is common and is usually fixable in just one day. It’s a good idea to visit our Lincoln dentists who can take impressions of your mouth to help determine the next step.
How to Prevent Broken Dentures
Taking care of your dentures will decrease the chance of them breaking. Handle your dentures with care and make sure when changing them/taking them out, you are in a clean environment. If you have remaining natural teeth, you must brush them twice daily and care for them well. Mouth infections can also affect dentures, so it is important to keep your mouth clean. Do not sleep while wearing your dentures because this will reduce the quality of the palate.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Being without your dentures while they are being repaired can be frustrating. At Coddington Dental, we will do everything we can to repair or replace your dentures as quickly as possible.
- For very mild repairs, you can often find denture repair kits at your local pharmacy store.
- If you cannot repair your denture at home, you can request our emergency dentist to see you. If possible, they will try to fix your broken denture in just one day.
- Hybrid Prosthesis is an excellent alternative to removable dentures and can provide you with a durable and natural-looking smile for life!
Make an Appointment to Repair your Dentures Today!
Let our Family Dental Clinic in Lincoln, NE help you.
Looking for Dental Payment Plans?
Coddington Dental is a proud member of Nebraska Family Dentistry. We’re one of multiple NFD locations, some of which are even open on weeknights and weekends for your convenience.
Each NFD team member is trained to go above and beyond to keep our patients calm and comfortable, so you can expect the same exceptional care from all of our sister locations.