How to stop the bleeding
Bleeding gums caused by the bacteria in plaque, a sticky colorless film that forms on your teeth. Bleeding gums is a sign of bacterial infection that leads to swollen, sore gums and bad breath. If this type of inflammation is left untreated, you may develop Periodontal disease, which could put your teeth in jeopardy. This condition is linked to systematic problems such as high blood pressure, coronary disease, diabetes and premature babies.
In our article, we’ll cover important topics such as:
- Solutions for bleeding gums
- Knowing whether or not you have periodontal disease
- If bleeding gums persist, what you should do
Great Solutions for bleeding gums:
• Take the time out to brush twice a day.
• Use mouthwash approved by the American Dental Association (ADA).
• Floss daily. Do not worry about your bleeding gums at first, and this is quite common. After a few days of flossing and using Listerine, the bleeding gums should stop as they become healthier.
• Get professional dental cleanings twice a year. These cleanings are the only way to remove mouth plaque between your teeth and below your gum line that a toothbrush can’t reach.
• Make sure you do not have Periodontal Disease. If you do, you will need immediate treatment for your gums as directed by your dentist. A good indicator of periodontal disease is a receeding gum line, bad breath, and severely irritated gums.
When choosing a dentist, consider one of our Lincoln family dentists such as Dr. Jodi Day, Dr. Brad Alderman, or Dr. Ben Joekel at Coddington Dental. They have a vast amount of experience in dealing with many dental conditions. They could save your teeth and help you prevent bleeding gums.
If you can’t get rid of your bleeding gums, contact us as soon as you as possible. There may be something more serious that needs immediate attention. We have 24/7 scheduling provided online.
If you are curious about what happens in a general dental cleaning, click here to find out.
Make easy, affordable payments for your procedure with dental payment plans we offer.
Coddington Dental is a proud member of Nebraska Family Dentistry. We’re one of multiple NFD locations, some of which are even open on weeknights and weekends for your convenience.
Each NFD team member is trained to go above and beyond to keep our patients calm and comfortable, so you can expect the same exceptional care from all of our sister locations.