How to stop the bleeding
Bleeding gums caused by the bacteria in plaque, a sticky colorless film that forms on your teeth. Bleeding gums is a sign of bacterial infection that leads to swollen, sore gums and bad breath. If this type of inflammation is left untreated, you may develop Periodontal disease, which could put your teeth in jeopardy. This condition is linked to systematic problems such as high blood pressure, coronary disease, diabetes and premature babies.
Best Solutions for bleeding gums:
• Take the time out to brush twice a day.
• Use mouthwash approved by the American Dental Association (ADA).
• Floss on the daily. Do not worry about your bleeding gums at first, and this is quite common. After a few days of flossing and using Listerine, the bleeding gums should stop as they become healthier.
• Get Professional dental cleanings twice a year. These cleanings the only way to remove mouth plaque between your teeth and below your gum line that a toothbrush can’t reach.
• Make sure you do not have Periodontal Disease. If you do, you will need immediate treatment for your gums directed by your dentist. A good indicator of periodontal disease has a receiving gum line, bad breath and severally irritated gums.
When choosing a dentist, consider one of our Lincoln dentists such as Dr. Jodi Day or Dr. Brad Alderman at Coddington Dental. They have a vast amount of experience dealing with this particular disease. They could save your teeth and help you prevent bleeding gums.
If you can’t get rid of your bleeding gums, contact us as soon as you can, because there may be something more serious you may not know. We have 24/7 scheduling provided online. If you couldn’t catch us that day you can still manage to get yourself into an appointment with Lincoln’s best.