How to stop the bleeding
In our article, we’ll cover important topics such as:
- What are good solutions for bleeding gums?
- How do I know if I have periodontal disease?
- If bleeding of the gums persists, what should I do?
Bleeding gums caused by the bacteria in plaque, a sticky colorless film that forms on your teeth. Gums that bleed are a sign of bacterial infection that leads to swollen, sore gums and bad breath. If this type of inflammation is left untreated, you may develop Periodontal disease, which could put your teeth in jeopardy. This condition is linked to systematic problems such as high blood pressure, coronary disease, diabetes and premature babies.
Great Solutions for bleeding gums: How can you help?
• Take the time out to brush twice a day.
• Use mouthwash approved by the American Dental Association (ADA).
• Floss daily. Do not worry about your gums that bleed at first, and this is quite common. After a few days of flossing and using Listerine, the bleeding gums should stop as they become healthier.
• Get professional dental cleanings twice per year. These cleanings are the only way to remove mouth plaque between your teeth and below your gum line that a toothbrush can’t reach.
• Make sure you do not have Periodontal Disease. If you do, you will need immediate treatment for your gums as directed by your dentist. A good indicator of periodontal disease is a receding gum line, bad breath, and severely irritated gums.
When choosing a dentist, consider one of our Lincoln family dentists such as Dr. Jodi Day, Dr. Brad Alderman, or Dr. Ben Joekel at Coddington Dental. They have a vast amount of experience in dealing with many dental conditions. They could save your teeth and help you prevent bleeding gums.
Additional solutions to help stop bleeding gums can also be found here at Healthline’s webpage.
Commonly Asked Questions about Bleeding Gums:
- Why are my gums bleeding all of a sudden?
Your “dentist near me” answers: Bleeding is a sign of inflammation, which is a normal response to damaged tissue. Bacteria, buildup, and hard toothbrushes can cause destructive damage leading to bleeding gums. It is important to visit a dentist to rule out any other factors that could cause bleeding.
- Can stress cause bleeding gums?
Your “dentist near me” answers: Stress releases hormones and can lead to a lower response of the immune system, which can increase the chance of bleeding gums.
- What are bleeding gums a symptom of?
Your “dentist near me” answers: Bleeding gums can be a sign of reversible gingivitis or irreversible periodontal disease. It can also be a symptom of tissue damage from hard crunchy food or hard toothbrush.
- Can anxiety affect your gums?|
Your “dentist near me” answers: Anxiety may cause someone to not have the energy to practice good hygiene, which in turn can affect the overall health of the body, and the health of gum tissue.
Don’t feel you found your answer here? Where can you find professional help for your bleeding gums?
If you can’t get rid of your bleeding gums in Lincoln, NE, contact us as soon as you as possible. There may be something more serious that needs immediate attention. We have 24/7 scheduling provided online.
The information on this page was written by Dr. Jodi Day.
This gentle Lincoln, NE dentists says: “My patients deserve personalized, quality dental care in an atmosphere they feel comfortable in. At Nebraska Family Dentistry, our team of caring professionals are committed to providing you with a comfortable and positive dental experience. Our goal is to partner with you to help you achieve and maintain optimal dental health throughout your lifetime.”
You can schedule with this Lincoln, NE dentist online 24/7 at her West Lincoln Location of Nebraska Family Dentistry. This Lincoln, NE dentist serves the local communities close to Coddington Dental in Garland, Pleasant Dale, Denton, Crete, Milford, Hickman, Roca, Martell, and Panama.
I am looking forward to meeting you soon, Dr. Jodi Day
Schedule Day or Night
Schedule your dental appointment at anytime of the day or night with our online scheduling.
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Emergency Dentist NE – Emergency Dental Care
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose a “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.